Sic Bo Rules and Gameplay
While casino players can choose from a great variety of card games, those played with dice are pretty rare. As a matter of fact, there are two dice games you can play at online casinos, and they include Craps and Sic Bo. However, unlike Craps that require certain skills to beat it, Sic Bo is all about luck. Yet, you should not jump to conclusions quickly. To learn how you can win at Sic Bo, you must be familiar with its rules and gameplay.
Sic Bo is played with three dice at a table offering plenty of betting options. Once you see the betting layout at a Sic Bo table, it may strike you as overwhelming. Again, you should not give up on it easily as this game offers bets for all kinds of players. Whether you like to take risks or you want to play it safe, Sic Bo has a betting option for you. To win a prize, you need to guess which combination the dice will roll out.
How to Play?
The game starts with the player placing one or more bets. Once wagers are made, three dice are shaken in a container, and values on them are revealed. In case the dice show the combination you have placed your bet(s) on, you will win the payout according to the paytable.
As we have previously mentioned, the betting layout on a Sic Bo table features a wide range of options. However, they are easy to figure out as all the combinations carry payouts that are clearly displayed. Now, let’s take a closer look at Sic Bo bets and the house edge they come with.
Sic Bo Bets and House Edge Explained
When it comes to placing bets, Sic Bo resembles Roulette where players can also choose from a wide variety of bets. Yet, not all of them are good for you as those that may seem more attractive because of the higher payouts they offer come with a higher house edge. And some of Sic Bo bets have a really abysmal house margin. Here is the lowdown on bets you can go for at a Sic Bo table.
- Big – By placing the Big bet, you predict that the dice will roll out a total of between 11 and 17. This is one of the most popular bets as it comes with a house edge of 2.78%. On the other hand, the payout awards may be a bit disappointing since it is 1:1 only. The lower the payout, the higher the probability, though. The bet loses when all three dice show the same number.
- Small – This wager functions just like Big, yet to win on it, the dice must have a total of between 4 and 10.
- Odd/Even – Some Sic Bo table also includes these two bets you can play to predict that the dice will give a sum that will be an odd or even number. These wagers share the house edge, probability, and payout with Big/Small bets, meaning that they can earn you a 1:1 payout.
- Doubles – With this bet, you predict that a specific number will appear on at least two dice. Typically, this bet pays 11:1 and comes with a house margin of 11.08%.
- Triples – You play this bet if you believe that the same number will show up on all three dice. The Triples bet pays 180:1, which is the biggest payout in the game of Sic Bo, but it has a house edge of 16.74%.
- Any Triple – You can also predict that any number will appear on all three dice. This wager awards 31:1 and has a house edge of 11.04%.
- Three Dice Total – This is a group of wagers that win when three dice give a specific total. Players can place a bet on a number between 4 and 17, which represents a total rolled out by three dice. These bets pay from 6:1 to 62:1 while the house edge they come with ranges between 7.44% and 12.52%.
- Combination – A bet that wins when two dice show a specific combination. It pays 6:1 and comes with a house advantage of 2.77%.
- Single Number Bet – You can play this bet to predict that a specific number will appear on one, two, or three dice. The first option will earn you 1:1, the second option pays 2:1 while the third betting option grants 3:1. The house edge for this bet is 7.87%.
So, these are the betting options available at most Sic Bo tables. Sometimes, they may vary, but these are the most common ones with the house margin they have and payouts they award. Now that you are familiar with all the options you can choose from, let’s learn how to beat the game of Sic Bo.
A Winning Sic Bo Strategy – Is There One and Can You Rely on It?
When we talk about luck-based casino games, we cannot talk about strategies that can help you make the moves to affect the outcome of rounds. However, there are always things you can do to increase your odds of winnings, and they mostly come down to choosing which bets you will place. As for Sic Bo, we can talk about three different strategies based on the experience of the player and their willingness to take a risk.
If you are new to Sic Bo, the strategy you should go for is the one that involves the least risk. Playing Small/Big or Odd/Even bets is the best option as it provides you with the best odds of winning. While payouts granted by these wagers may not seem that attractive, you know what the old proverb says, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Another option may be the Combination bet as it has a low house edge while offering a decent payout.
Advanced players can try out to combine different betting options for a chance to hit bigger payouts. For instance, you can place your bet on four or more different numbers. Go for those bets that have a lower house advantage, like a wager on 12 that has a house edge of 7.44% and pays 7:1. You can also combine this bet with Double bets on 1, 2 and 6 that pay 11:1 each. These moves are risky, but if any of these options wins, the payout will cover the money you have invested.
If you consider yourself an expert player, you can go for high-risk wagers. Again, it is all about combining more bets, including those with a lower probability of winning. Not only that you can combine bets, but you can also place 2 or 3-unit wagers to make sure that winning on at least one of the bets will cover your losses and increase your bankroll. Think about placing a 3-unit bet on 8 and a 2-unit Double bet on 1, 2 and 3.
While all these moves can turn you into a winner, keep in mind that Sic Bo is a game of sheer chance, so none of the aforementioned strategies is totally effective. All of them just suggest possible bets and what you can expect in return in the best-case scenario.
Now that we have informed you about all the details you should consider when playing Sic Bo, we want to provide you with a few tips that can always come in handy. Regardless of the level of your experience, playing Big/Small or Combination bets is always a good option. On the other hand, avoid Triple bets as they are highly risky. The logic behind Sic Bo bets is simple – if it offers a massive payout, playing it is a risky business.
Another thing to bear in mind is that you should avoid progressive betting systems. While placing multi-unit bets is recommended for experienced players, increasing your wagers when on a losing or winning streak may be detrimental to your budget. Always keep an eye on your bankroll and don’t risk more than you can afford to lose.
🇸🇬 Sic Bo FAQs
As a game of chance, Sic Bo is a highly exciting game where it all comes down to choosing which bets you will play. There is no way to beat the game with certain moves as nothing you can do won’t affect the outcome of rounds or decrease the house edge.
The best betting option in Sic Bo would be playing the wagers with the lowest house margin such as Big/Small and Combination.
The house edge in Sic Bo varies between 2.77% and 16.74% depending on the bet you choose to play.
Sic Bo offers a plethora of betting options, which may strike you as overwhelming once you lay your eyes on the betting layout for the first time. The good news is that it offers both low-risk and high-risk wagers, meaning that it offers plenty of options that will please all kinds of players.
Sic Bo is a luck-based game where you should still learn some rules that can help you be more successful at it. To start with, you must understand all the betting options it offers.